Crazy to think we don’t have that much of Chicago Summer left. I feel that our summer is so short and chalk full of activities – like when its finally warm we cram as much in as possible, there is little downtime. I have tried to really only commit to one thing per weekend; that has limited this feeling that we’re always rushing or shuffling about. Sometimes that means I say no and that’s ok.
Rounding up a few things left to do this summer:
- Boat – gearing up for a fun River Boat Cruise on Wednesday with some co-workers. Good company, fireworks and delish food. We won this outing at a silent auction and I accidentally thought it was for a sailboat! A river cruise will be just as fun though.
- Cubs game – would love a night game with Jon; beers and ballpark hotdogs are my jam.
- Photo Session – we adore our photographer that has exclusively taken our family pics for years. She knows just how to capture the crazy and make it seem like life is perfect – through the sweating, tears, dirt and tantrums. It has been over a year since our last one and I am beyond excited since Gray is walking and really hamming it up to the camera! Any guesses if our threenager cooperates?
- Porchfest – August 26th – we are hosting 2 bands to play on our front porch! From 3-5pm, we’ll have some beverages so if you’re in the neighborhood, stop by. Lakeview Chamber of Commerce is doing this cool thing where a bunch of porches/homes volunteer to host musicians Sunday evening. A subdued version of lolla if you will.
- Ravinia – OAR on September 2nd with the Rymarz’s.
- Date Night – I’ll let Jon plan this one! Probably just a dinner out just us two. Any recommendations??
- Parent Potluck – we volunteered to host the parents of Liv’s new preschool and are thinking a Luau theme with tiki torches. I’m kind of stressing on how we’ll comfortably fit 40 adults for a dinner, but love to decorate for a good theme party!
What’s on your list left to do to celebrate summer?