With demanding careers and two little ones at home, Jon and I try to make it priority to schedule a date night twice a month. Yes, schedule. Gone are the days when we could sporadically grab dinner after work or see a last minute movie on a Sunday evening. We are parents. Life is different. Here are some fun suggestions to help you get out of that rut!
- Great way to converse, connect, chat about non-kid or logistical stuff. Get out of the house, put on a pair of heels and dangly earrings (dangly? Really? Who am I? My mother? #loveyoumom).
- Some of our fave restaurants (we are not sceney people at all):
- Greek Islands, Oyster Bah, Blind Barber (super fun speakeasy type place, I feel like we are late to the party here), Tied House (tip, full menu available at the bar!), The Warbler, Somerset
- Spots we’ve been wanting to try:
- Gibson’s Italia, RPM Steak, Twain
- Pop-Up Events Like the Happy Place; still going on! See my pics HERE.
- Bowling – Love the vintage 60’s vibe of King’s Bowling at New City
- Green Mill is a fave for a slower evening, great jazz music, delish martinis. Go early to get a seat!
- Ravinia is a MUST! Bring your little table, blanket, gourmet spread and let the love & romance fill the air. We are seeing OAR Labor Day weekend with friends and are psyched!
- City Winery has great musicians and yummy wine.
- The Promontory in Hyde Park has the coolest vibe and gets the best talent.
Let’s Get Physical
- Bike Ride along the Lake – picnic and watch the fireworks. A great way to use our annual Divvy membership!
- Compete against one another at FlyWheel or OrangeTheory – both utilize scoreboard techniques to push you!
- Diversey Driving Range
What are some of your fave date night activities? Or new restaurants to try?