Girls: we are tough, we have our go-to cosmetic products, love our current shampoo, are super picky on the size of hoop earrings we want and a closet stocked with clothes (yet we never have anything to wear!). This list represents weird little things that maybe we wouldn’t buy for ourselves but can perk up our day just by having or using them. Note: this can also double as a “treat yo self” list should you want a few items for yourself 🙂 Go ahead, you deserve it!
- Travel Mug ($10 – $30) : Papersource, Swell or Yeti have great options
- Brow Mascara ($ – $): Benefit Cosmetics is known as the Brow Goddesses. Space NK Apothecary London also has a nice selection.
- Sheet Masks ($1.80 – $12): you can never go wrong with the ever-popular face masks. Top selections include: Innisfree, Riley Rose, Anthropologie, Sephora, Ulta. Charcoal lifts impurities and leaves your skin feeling refreshed, aloe and honey help put moisture back into your skin and smell yummy.
- Fun jewelry ($25 – $$): loving baublebar and Kendra Scott to add some bling this holiday season.
- Planner ($55): I find this to be a very personal thing as I am super particular about what the weekly calendar looks like, if there’s enough pages for notes, the format, etc. Erin Condren specializes in this and offers gift cards!
- Sweater (under $100): I got a ton of Halogen sweaters from the Nordstrom Anniversary sale that are beyond comfy. And a lot are 33% off now!
- Hand Lotion ($15): I don’t know about you but this drastic change in weather makes my hands look like I’m 90. My good friend recently got me the Caudalie hand lotion for my birthday and I’m obsessed. Not only does the light scent take me on a tropical journey, but it’s not greasy! (also makes a great stocking stuffer!)
- Candle ($24-$50): everyone deserves a really nice candle. This also makes a great hostess gift (stay tuned for that gift guide later this week!). Anthropologie has a great selection, but also check out your local gift store for unique brands (like ei home in San Francisco!) Plus people can travel back home with this vs diffusers.
- Slippers ($100 or less): my go to brand is always Ugg as I’ve had mine for years (weathered storms and kids puke). Do you know of another brand that’s your fave?
- Robe (classic $99): Try Parachute Home. And Chicago folks, they just opened a pop-up on Armitage so you can feel the quality.
- Bow & Drape Sweatshirt ($68) – they just dropped a collaboration with Spanx and I think every lady needs a fun, saucy sweatshirt in their life! Or check out Nordstrom Rack for discounted ones for $38
- Cozy Throw (from $85): Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel all make lovely blankets with varying price points and these you can get in nearly every mall! Or try Serena and Lily (they have a store on Armitage in Chicago) or Crane and Canopy (very affordable options).
- Frances Austin Blouse ($185): Margaret is a woman’s best friend. Her prices are dubbed affordable luxury but she works with the same mills as uber luxury houses so you’re really getting amazing quality.
- T3 Curling Wand ($160) my stylist just used this on my hair and I think I’ll be asking Santa for this!
- Lip Scrub ($11): a yummy way to slough off that dead skin from these dry months. Great stocking stuffer!
One major thing I’m asking Santa for are a pair of Golden Goose sneakers…think he’ll deliver?! 😉 (Jon, I hope you’re reading this!)
What else is on your shopping list? Who is the tough person you’re buying for this year? Let me know if you want any specific advice – I seriously love to scout new brands (er, shop) so I’m here to help!